Monday, October 25, 2010

Homecoming

This weekend was Homecoming at CU.  We played Texas Tech and lost...again.  Our record is now 3-4.  It's been a rough season :(

BUT, it was still a good weekend.  Some of my friends from college "came home" for the game and I had an absolute blast with them!

I hosted a tailgate before the game.  When I was in college, my parents and Paul's parents used to tailgate in the same spot every Saturday before home games and my friends and I would always meet them there.  It was a little grassy field behind an old apartment complex right next to the stadium.  We called it The Crack House because, well, it looked like a crack house.  You can no longer tailgate behind The Crack House because they re-did the landscaping and are trying to keep it nice.  However, you can tailgate in the parking lot in front.  And that is where I decided to have mine...for old times sake!

My bestie, Sara, came up for the tailgate and the game.  We had so much fun!  When we were in college, Sara and I used to go to every home game together.  We would get to the stadium 2 hours early so we could get the best seats in the student section.  We were CRAZY!  
 We had a fun little group, but we sure did miss Paul's parents!  Here's a pic of my dad, Buzz (brother), me, my mom, Sara, and Tinsley (another friend from college, love her!).
Jack, Hardy, and Buzz.  Jack was one of Paul's roomies in college and is still one of our best friends.  Hardy worked with Paul in Auburn and now coaches strength and conditioning for the CU basketball team.  And of course, I love that I get to hang out with my bro every weekend.  I'm so spoiled.

Lindsey (a fellow CW) stopped by with her sis and mom who were in town visiting for the game.  How cute are they?  And Rachel (another CW) came with her sister-in-law.  I love Lindsey and Rachel, don't know what I would do without them.  Actually, yes I do.  I wouldn't do anything.  I'd be really bored.

And of course, it wouldn't be a proper CU tailgate without shotgunning a few beers...
Haha I love the faces!  I guess we're not in college anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I love your scarf! I just came across your blog so I thought I would say hi :)

    ReplyDelete