Monday, September 27, 2010

Update

So...we did not end up seeing The Town on Thursday night.  We went to dinner at The Rio (yummy Mexican food and even yummier margaritas) with our friends Lauren and Andy and we were all having such a fun time catching up that we decided  not to go to the movie. 

But we did see it on Friday night.  Paul got home from work at 6:00 which was such a treat!  We went to dinner and then caught the 8:30 show.  The movie was so good!  Paul and I both really enjoyed it.  I think Ben Affleck is a good actor, but I really like him as a director (if you have not seen the movie, Gone Baby Gone, that Affleck directed-RENT IT TONIGHT!).  He directed and acted in this one.  It had me thinking for the rest of the night...I love movies like that!

On Saturday Paul had the day off (his first since July).  We woke up early and took the cars in to be washed, went to the grocery store, took Oscar for a walk and were back to the house by 10:30.  I am not kidding you when I say that we watched football from 10:30 in the morning until 10:30 at night.  You would think that since Paul spends 17+ hours a day doing football stuff, the last thing we would want to do on his one and only day off would be watch football.  Oh no, not him.  He wanted to sit and watch football all day, so sit and watch we did.  I couldn't complain because there were two games on TV that I really wanted to see: Arkansas vs. Alabama and Auburn vs. South Carolina.  We had some friends over and I made chili and cornbread and a few other snacks.  We cheered for Arkansas and were all really bummed that they ended up losing to Bama, but we were so happy that our Auburn Tigers beat the Gamecocks!  WAR EAGLE! 

Paul had to go back to work early on Sunday so I was on my own again.  I cleaned up the house a bit, ran some errands and went to get my hair done.  Then I came home and got all of our Halloween decorations out of storage!  Every year I forget what decorations we have so unwrapping each item is like Christmas morning.  It's so fun!  We don't have a ton, but it's enough to give the house a festive little make-over.

We have a busy week ahead.  Paul, of course, will be preparing all week for our game against Georgia on Saturday.  I have to plan and shop for the tailgate, go to my ENDOW and photography classes on Tuesday, clean the house on Wednesday, and then Paul's parents come on Thursday.  My Aunt Carol is also coming to visit this weekend.  Exciting stuff!  

Hope you all have great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment