Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fourmile Fire

{via the colorado independent}
I'm sure you've all heard about the fire burning in Boulder Canyon right now.  I've had a lot of people email and text me, so let me start by saying that my family and I are ok.  The fire is closer to my parents house than my own, but they are still a safe distance away and have not had to evacuate. 

I've lived in Boulder for most of my life and have come to expect that fires in the foothills are as much a part of this time of year as football.  In fact, my parents have been evacuated from their house more times than I can remember.  But this fire is different.  This is by far the worst fire I've seen in Boulder. 
The facts so far:

* The fire has burned 7,100 acres and containment is at zero percent.

* 92 structures have been destroyed and of those, at least 54 are homes.

* More than 3,000 people have been evacuated.

* No injuries have been reported, however, there are eight people from the evacuation area that are unaccounted for.

* Officials are still investigating the cause of the fire, but there are reports that it started when an RV backed into a propane tank which caused an explosion.

{via fox 31}
This is so sad!!  My heart is breaking for everyone involved.  I've been thanking God that no one has died or been seriously injured because that is the most important thing.  Please pray for the firemen that are risking their lives, and for all the people that have lost their homes and possessions.  And please, please pray for the people/person responsbile for causing the fire.  I seriously can't imagine the guilt and responsibilty they are feeling for a simple accident that could have happened to any one of us and is causing so many people pain.  What a horrible burden to bear.


No comments:

Post a Comment