Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving-Coach's Wife Style


As you all probably know by now, my life revolves around football-and  let me tell you, the holidays are no exception.  Every team Paul has ever been on always plays a game the day after Thanksgiving and as a result, our Thanksgiving is always planned around that game.  This year that game was in Lincoln, Nebraska, and in the hopes of eating Thanksgiving dinner with my hubby, I made plans to go too.  But as every coach's wife will tell you, the best laid plans.......wait, what's the rest of that quote???  Oh I can't remember.  All I know is my plans got screwed up. 

As it turned out, the football team stayed in Omaha instead of Lincoln which meant no turkey dinner with my sweet and although we were in the same state for 24 hours, I only saw his face but for five minutes after the game (which we lost).  What a bummer.

But it turned out ok, because the next best thing to spending Thanksgiving with my hubby, is spending it with family and that's what I did. 

Paul's relatives on his mom's side all live in Lincoln and his Aunt Pat and Uncle Bob were nice enough to invite me, my mom, dad, and brother to stay with them for the weekend.  Bob and Mary (Paul's parents) stayed there too.  We all went to Paul's Aunt Colleen and Uncle Mike's house for Thanksgiving dinner and it was so much fun!   


We ate too much, drank too much, watched football (of course), and played a really fun card game called pass the trash.  Anyone ever played it?




On Friday we went to Paul's cousin Michael's tailgate before the game.  He's a huge Cornhusker fan...can you tell? 

The tailgate was awesome!  Once again, I ate way too much.  In fact, I think I ate more at the tailgate than I did on Thanksgiving if you can even believe that.  I had never been to a game in Lincoln and I have to say that even though we lost, it was a rather pleasant experience.  Their fans are really nice. 

Of course, we were sad about the loss.  We would have loved to win the last game of the season and have a chance at a bowl game, but you know what they say about the best laid plans........oh there I go again!

So despite a few mishaps, it was a happy Thanksgiving.  And let me just say, there are so many things I am thankful for this year, but one in particular is my wonderful husband who works so hard (even on holidays) to provide a bright future for us, and who loves me so much.

I hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment