Friday, August 6, 2010

Hello Football, Goodbye Husband

{Folsom Field-Boulder, CO 2009}
Oh my word can y'all believe it's August already!  The summer always just flies by :( 
Well it's that time of year again...the start of football season.  Yesterday was the first official day of football practice for the Buffs.  I always enter this time of year with mixed emotions.  I LOVE fall and I LOVE football season!  I love going to games and tailgating and having company in town every weekend.  I even love watching College Game Day every Saturday on ESPN.  There's always such an excitement in the air.  So what's the problem? 

{My hub-white shirt 2009}
Well my husband is a football coach which means from August to January, I no longer have a husband (haha ok, I'm exaggerating).  Truly though, during the season Paul works 7 days a week, every week.  He goes into the office around 6:00 in the morning and doesn't get home until 10 or 11 at night (sometimes later).  We get so spoiled in the summer because his schedule is so relaxed and he gets lots of time off.  It's always hard to go from vacationing and spending lots of time with him to only seeing him for 30 minutes each day.  Although it's hard and can take a toll on our relationship, I try to remember the positive things: he loves his job, he HAS a job (so many people are struggling to find jobs right now), and I still get to see his face each day even if it is only for a short time.  I know things could be so much worse, and honestly, every job has positives and negatives-nothing in life is perfect-and we chose this for our life. 

{Paul's mom, me, and my mom rockin our buffalo horns 2009}
We have learned to make the most of the time we do have together and I feel blessed to have so many wonderful people to keep me company during these five months.  My parents and brother live in town and Paul's parents (Bob and Mary) come from Missouri and stay with me for every home game.  It's also a great excuse for me to have lots of Girls Nights with my friends (and who doesn't love that?).  I'm so proud of my husband and how hard he works and I wouldn't change our life for anything because I know it's the way God planned it.  So...here's to fall, football season, and the Buffs going 12-0!  GO BUFFS!

No comments:

Post a Comment