Friday, August 20, 2010

Weekend Getaway

Last weekend I went on a little three day getaway to Phoenix, Arizona for my friend Lauren's bachelorette party.  She's getting married in less than three weeks so she wanted to go somewhere really relaxing.  Lauren and I have been friends since high school and were sorority sisters in college.  She's a great friend and I always have fun when I hang out with her!  Her younger sisters, Taylor and Alex, came too.  Those three seriously remind me of the Kardashian sisters (do y'all ever watch that show?).  They are so dramatic and hilarious and there is never a dull moment with them.  Needless to say, I had a great time :)

We arrived in Phoenix really early on Friday morning and checked into our hotel.  We stayed at the Arizona Biltmore, an old historic hotel that's actually pretty famous.  Apparently Marilyn Monroe used to hang out there and every president since Ford has stayed there.  The hotel was nice, but a little out-dated.  We got a great rate though, so we didn't really mind. 
Once we had settled in, we headed over to the gym for a quick workout and then had lunch and relaxed by the pool.  I had never been to AZ before, but I knew it would be hot, and boy was I right-the high each day was 110 degrees and the low was 90!  I love hot weather, but 110 is pushing it, even for me.  It's a good thing there were eight pools on the property to choose from.
{Alex, Lauren and Taylor}
Friday night we went to dinner at the Old Tortilla Factory in Scottsdale.  They had a really cute patio with lights strung everywhere and these things that sprayed a light mist on you to keep you cool.  We LOVED the misters and couldn't get enough of them haha!  The food was really good too. 

{Me, Lauren, Alex, Taylor}

 

Saturday morning we woke up, hit the gym, and hung out by the pool once again.  The pool had a swim up bar and we decided we couldn't resist some fun, tropical drinks.  Yummy!

Saturday night we had dinner at RA Sushi in Scottsdale.  The atmosphere was fun and the sushi was really good.  Since it was Lauren's bachelorette party, we made her wear this veil to dinner. 


After dinner we went back to our hotel room and had a little party with champagne and cupcakes and lots of girly and funny bachelorette presents. 
On our last day we made it our mission to get as tan as possible.  We literally spent every waking moment at the pool on these rafts.  It was SO relaxing!!  I'm not kidding when I tell you I could have layed there for days!

It was a fun trip little trip.  I love getting out of town, even for just a weekend, and I got some good, quality girl time which is always nice.  But the thing I love most about going out of town is coming home to this guy.

Love Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment