Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween 2013

We had a really fun Halloween this year. It's funny how having a child makes everything more fun.

Well, maybe not everything :)

Before I was even pregnant with June, I used to daydream about celebrating holidays with my future children. I can't believe that those dreams are now my reality. Sometimes I still can't believe I'm a mom.  I feel like the luckiest person on the planet!


A few weeks ago I took June up to a pumpkin patch near Boulder. We met my mom and dad there (Paul had to work. boo). It was an absolutely gorgeous day! 
In case you didn't know, when you have a 10 month old baby who can't walk yet, the pumpkin patch is more for the adults than it is for the baby. It's basically one never-ending photo op ;)


I think June could have cared less about the whole experience, but she did like the goats. My mom would feed them and June would pet their heads and then scream and kick her legs in delight.
She also cried when I made her stand next to the How Tall This Fall sign. She hates to stand. How is this girl ever going to walk?!




Here is how I decorated my pumpkins this year. I had a little too much fun with the paint. Thank you Pinterest for the great ideas!


And here is our little June Bug in her costume.



She actually didn't mind wearing her costume at all. 


Paul and I took her to two houses for trick-or-treating and she burst into tears at both! It was so strange because she's never been scared of strangers. Poor thing. 


When we got back I let her play with her bucket which had a few pieces of candy in it. She pulled out a  piece and was chewing on the wrapper. The next thing I knew she had bitten through the wrapper and eaten half of a Kit Kat bar! We were planning on waiting until her first birthday to give her any sweets...so much for that idea. 


And because I love a year-to-year comparison pic...


Pretty amazing. 

I hope you all had a Happy Halloween!



4 comments:

  1. Look at all her teeth! One of Drew's top ones just popped through today (happy 10 months to both girls!), and at the same age my son had 7. She looks so cute in her costume and her Halloween outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Your pumpkins are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! What a doll! Love the holidays with the baby! So many things to look forward to the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little girl is just precious!
    OK...I had a OMG moment when I found your blog...My little girl is Kitty Parker and my Yorkie is June! :) Great minds think alike! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete