Thursday, August 1, 2013

June: 6 months

June is 6 months old!

(And I am waaay late with this update. She'll actually be 7 months tomorrow :)


6 months old.

Half a year.

Kinda makes me want to cry.


Not gonna lie, this month was kind of a tough one. June was teething and poor girl just wasn't herself. She started waking up one to two times in the middle of the night every night which is so unusual for her. Luckily, this month was also the first month of summer break so we had a lot of lazy days spent cuddling in our jammies. And I'm happy to report that after a week or two, we were back on track with sleeping through the night. 

 {On my last day of work, I put June on our bed while I got ready. I turned around and saw that she had grabbed my bra and it looked like she had tried to put it on haha}

June also went through a phase this month where the second I put her down, anywhere, she would scream and cry until she was red in the face. The minute I walked towards her to pick her up, she would smile at me. Little stinker!  She's got me trained. 


June continues to love any and all food! This month she tried banana, avocado, sweet potato, pear, and butternut squash. 





One very exciting thing that happened this month: June rolled from her back to her tummy (23 weeks)! It sort of seemed like she would never do it, but all of a sudden she did it once and became an expert. She spent the rest of the month rolling all over the place.  In fact, one day I put her down on her play mat in the living room and walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water. When I walked back into the living room, June wasn't on her mat and I didn't see her anywhere. I had a brief moment of panic before I found her halfway under the coffee table, smiling back at me!



Another exciting first this month: June's first plane ride!
We went to California to visit my Grammy and G-Daddy and our friends, The Steeles and The Graubard-Watts. 


I was a little nervous about it, but June did great!


Even on her worst days, June is still a really good baby. She's happy and healthy and I just love being her mom. Even though I miss my newborn sometimes, I'm finding this age to be so much fun. I can't wait to see what next month holds!



6 MONTH STATS:

weight: I'll include this in her 7 month update because she just had her check up last week

height: same as above

diapers: size 3

clothes: she's all over the place..some 3-6, 6 month, and 6-9

eyes: blue

hair: light brown

nicknames: June Bug, Miss June, JLC, June Buggy, Stink Bug, Baby Bug, Love Bug, Monkey, Weasel

likes: FOOD, going out and about-anywhere but the house

dislikes: being left alone/not being held








No comments:

Post a Comment