Monday, September 10, 2012

22 weeks

(Not the best pic. My photographer, aka Paul, was really busy this week)


How Far along: 22 weeks

Size of Baby: A spaghetti squash (according to baby center)

Total Weight Gain: 3 lbs., but I haven't weighed myself since my appointment last month. We'll see when I go to the doctor on Friday.

Gender: ??? 

Movement: This little guy or gal is a squirmy one lately! He/she moves a ton at night and actually wakes me up! He/she also moves a lot right after I eat. 

Sleep: Sleep has been pretty restless.

Maternity Clothes: All pants are maternity, regular dresses and tops.

Symptoms: Still having menstrual-like cramps.

Aversions: No aversions this week.

Cravings: No real cravings this week, however, every time I drive past a McDonald's I'm tempted to pull right in and get a cheeseburger and fries.

What I Miss: Nothing this week.

Best Moment of the Week: Paul finally felt the baby move! It was so fun to share that experience with him. We can not wait to meet this little person!!

Worst Moment of the Week: Well, it turns out those menstrual-like cramps I've been having are actually contractions. I decided to call my doctor about it this morning, just to be sure it was normal. He sent me straight to labor and delivery where they hooked me up to the monitor and sure enough, I was having contractions.
hooked up to the monitor
I was not dehydrated and luckily baby's heartbeat was great (150). My doctor did an ultrasound and said my cervix was measuring at 5cm which is really good (smaller than 3cm can signal possible premature labor) and there was no funneling. So he gave me a shot with some medicine to help stop the contractions. After about an hour, he sent me home to rest. Unfortunately, he's not really sure why I was having contractions and said this is something that could continue to occur for the rest of the pregnancy. Thankfully, everything is ok! It was definitely a scary morning, but I'm just so relieved that the baby is safe and snug in there. Thank you God!!

1 comment:

  1. You look adorable!!! So glad you're doing better! I'm sure that was scary!

    ReplyDelete