Monday, August 20, 2012

19 weeks


How Far along: 19 weeks (I'll actually be 20 weeks tomorrow, I'm a little late getting this up)

Size of Baby: A large heirloom tomato (according to baby center), 11 oz. (according to the ultrasound we had this week)

Total Weight Gain: 3 lbs.

Gender: ??? We had our 20 week ultrasound this week and could have found out the gender, but we want to be surprised on his/her birthday. It was hard to resist the urge the look at the ultrasound screen and find out, but I'm so glad we are going to wait. It's so fun to daydream about whether our little one will be a boy or a girl and not know for sure.

Movement: I've been feeling a little bit of movement, but not a ton. Our ultrasound tech said I have an anterior placenta which means the placenta is situated on the front side of my uterus (between the baby and my abdomen) which is why I haven't felt a whole lot of movement. 

Sleep: Sleep went from great to not so good this week. I'm having a hard time getting comfortable.

Maternity Clothes: Still wearing mostly non-maternity clothes: lots of sun dresses, gym shorts, and t-shirts. Although, my friend Lauren gave me some of her maternity clothes this week which was so nice!

Symptoms: The nausea and vomiting came back this week (weird?). I also woke up one morning with terrible low back pain. I couldn't even bend over to put my hair up in a towel after my shower. I asked my doctor about it and he said it's sacroiliac joint pain and that it's common and something I will probably experience off and on for the duration of my pregnancy. lovely.

Aversions: I wouldn't call it an aversion necessarily, but I just really don't have an appetite for vegetables. I have to force myself to eat them and I'm sure I'm not getting enough.

Cravings: No real cravings this week.

What I Miss: Feeling normal.

Best Moment of the Week: Our 20 week ultrasound! Hearing the ultrasound tech say that our baby looked "perfect" was music to my ears! Talk about an answer to my prayers. It was such a relief. And seeing him/her move all over the screen was so fun. I wish I could see that every day. When we saw the baby's face, his/her mouth was wide open in a big smile and the ultrasound tech said, "It looks like he's laughing!" (note: she had not looked for the gender yet, so "he" was a generic term). It was definitely the highlight of my week :) 

Here are the pics from the ultrasound. The top one is baby's face and the bottom one is baby's feet.



We are already so in love!

  



1 comment:

  1. You look great!!! How fun that you are going to be surprised!!! I can't wait to find out! :)

    ReplyDelete