Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy First Day of Football!


Fall practice camp started for the Thunderwolves today, which means football season has officially arrived.  I celebrated the occasion by bringing these red and blue treats to Paul's office this evening :)

As I've mentioned before, this time of year is always a little bittersweet for me.  While I love football season, it also signals the end of summer which makes me sad. 

This year will be interesting because we're at a new school in a new town and I can't wait to see what game day is like down here.  It will definitely be different as this is Paul's first year coaching at the Division II level rather than Division I.  I think one of the biggest challenges for me will be getting used to the fact that there is no instant replay during the games haha!  Oh man, I'm really gonna have to pay close attention.  I'll have to limit myself to three beers before games instead of my usual four.

I can tell you that I've been to games all over the country, from the SEC to the Big 12, high school to NFL, and everything in between, and one thing I know for sure is if it involves football, it's a good time!

This year I'm looking forward to...

* Watching my first game in the Thunderbowl.  It's a red-out and they're going to have fireworks.  I LOVE fireworks.

* Tailgating-always a favorite of mine.

* Cooking dinner for the D-line and really getting to know all of Paul's players.

* Watching College Game Day on Saturday mornings.  There's really nothing better.

* Friends and family coming to visit on home game weekends.

* Traveling to some road games.

* Hopefully winning the RMAC.



Tell me, what are you looking forward to this football season?  Do you have a go-to tailgating recipe?  Where do you like to shop for game day attire?




No comments:

Post a Comment