Friday, April 15, 2011

Moving Right Along

Guess what?

We found someone to rent our house in Boulder!  Hip Hip Hooray!

I'm gonna miss this old house :(

I was worried it might be hard to find someone to take over our lease, but less than 30 minutes after listing it on Craigslist, we already had people setting up appointments to view it.  Twelve days later, the new lease was signed.  It was that easy.

Getting that lease signed was a huge relief, but it also made the impending move that much more real.  The new tenants are moving in on May 1st which gives us two weeks to pack up all of our worldly possessions and find a new home.  YIKES!!! 

That's enough to make anyone go into panic mode.  But I'm not freaking out...yet.  I like to think of myself as an expert packer.

Okay, that's a lie.  Paul and I have never really packed our own stuff-we've always hired a team of experts to do that for us (read: mom, dad, Bob and Mary).  Seriously.  When we moved from Boulder to Auburn, Paul and I were in Las Vegas on a trip we had planned months earlier and our parents packed all of our stuff for us while we were gone.  Then when we moved from Auburn back to Boulder, Paul was already living and working in Boulder and couldn't help pack.  Our parents flew out to AL and packed up all of our stuff while I finished up my last week of work.  Oh, and I should probably mention that they drove the moving van across the country with us both times. 


Best. Parents. Ever. 

And lucky for us, they signed themselves up for another packing party next week!  Although, Paul and I will be a little more involved with this one.  We are so blessed.

The thing that is making me a little nervous is finding a new home in Pueblo.  Everything we've looked at so far has made me want to cry.  I'm going down there this weekend and I'm making it my mission to find something habitable.  I'll be back next week with a full report.  Wish me luck! 



1 comment: