Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Life Ain't Always Beautiful

Okay, I feel like Debbie Downer lately..


I just feel like 2011 is kickin my butt.  I know I shouldn't complain, because things could be waaaay worse.  I'm just going through a rough spot.  Does that ever happen to you?

I'm trying to stay positive, but every time things seem like they're looking up, something happens that brings me right back to where I started. 

God is trying to tell me something......  I'm just not sure what it is.

Today it all came to a head.  I honestly felt like I needed to crawl into a hole and live there forever; like I couldn't handle one more thing.  I was feeling sorry for myself.  Ick.

But then I heard a song on the radio that gave me a little attitude shift.  I've heard this song before and I've always liked it, but today it really hit home.

Life Ain't Always Beautiful ~ Gary Allan

Life ain't always beautiful
Sometimes it's just plain hard
Life can knock you down, it can break your heart

Life ain't always beautiful
You think you're on your way
And it's just a dead end road at the end of the day

But the struggles makes you stronger
And the changes make you wise
And happiness has its own way of takin' its sweet time

No, life ain't always beautiful
Tears will fall sometimes
Life ain't always beautiful
But it's a beautiful ride


What a beautiful ride!

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for you guys as you being this new journey! Best part about it is that He has everything already planned out! I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete