Tuesday, January 1, 2013

38 weeks


This is my picture for the week..I noticed my shadow on the wall and had to snap a pic! 

How Far along: 38 weeks

Size of Baby: the size of a leek (according to baby center) But actually, I had an ultrasound last week and this baby was measuring 8lbs 4oz!!!

Total Weight Gain: 24 lbs. so far...I lost a few.

Gender: ??? 

Movement: The movement seems to have slowed down a little in the last few days. Maybe Pat is running out of room?

Sleep: Not great, but not terrible.

Maternity Clothes: I am so sick of maternity clothes!

Symptoms: Lots of pressure in my lower abdomen, having a hard time catching my breath (especially after I eat), swollen arms and legs, and general uncomfortableness.

Aversions: No aversions. 

Cravings: cereal

What I Miss: I think I've said this before but, I miss being able to move around like I used to.

Best Moment of the Week: I have a few: this week we traded in my Mustang for my new mom-mobile, an Acura SUV. While I was sad to see the old Mustang go, I'm loving the new car! Paul and I also went out for a little date last night at a fondue restaurant in Manitou Springs. This will probably be our last date before Pat arrives :)

Worst Moment of the Week: At my appointment this week, my doctor checked me to see if I was dilated and so far, I'm not. That was kind of disappointing. Then he did an ultrasound to check my fluid levels and measure the baby. As I said above, according to his calculations, the baby is weighing in at a whopping 8lbs. 4oz.! And it will likely gain .5 lbs. per week. Yikes! Not gonna lie, I'm a little scared. To top it all off, the ultrasound picture of the baby was the ugliest looking thing I've ever seen haha.

We are so ready to meet this baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment