- Pueblo is finally starting to feel like home. We've been here for almost 4 months and I'm just now able to find my way around town without getting lost (ok, I still get lost sometimes, but I'm getting a lot better!). We're completely unpacked and settled in our townhome, we've found two churches that we like, and we're starting to make a few friends. Making new friends is hard. Bleh.
- I really miss our friends in Boulder (see above), especially now that the season has started. It was so nice having a group of gals whose husbands worked the same crazy schedule as Paul and who I could count on for a fun night of dinner, drinks, and girl-talk when all of our husbands were working late or out of town on a Friday night.
- I am currently sitting alone on my couch with a case of Bud Light on a Friday night while my husband is recruiting at a high school football game. Boo. At least I have some time to blog now!
- Paul's football team is 3-0 so far this season woohoo! I've been having so much fun cheering them on the past few weeks. They really are a talented team. Tomorrow is our homecoming game against Fort Lewis. The three games after that will probably be the toughest of the season. I'm crossing my fingers for some big wins. Go Pack!
- I got a new job!!! I'm so excited about this, in case you couldn't tell from the triple exclamation marks. I'm teaching preschool at a low-income elementary school in town. It's the first job I've had in a long time where I feel like I'm actually doing something. I just finished up my second week and I LOVE IT. The kids keep me on my toes, but they are so much fun and they are just the cutest!
- I went to Austin, TX over Labor Day for my sister's bachelorette party (that trip deserves it's own post). We had so much fun and were SO sad to leave. I hadn't seen my sister in six months before that trip and I decided that is simply too long to go without seeing her. I miss her so much already! Good thing I'll be seeing her in a little over a month for her WEDDING!!! I'm so excited I can hardly see straight. Until then, I'll be dedicating all of my spare time to trying to figure out how to make boutonnieres.
- I lost my iphone in Austin. little purse+slippery phone+lots of drinks=recipe for disaster. And I hadn't backed it up to my computer in well over a year. So, not only did I lose my phone, but I lost all of my contacts, music, pictures, calendar...you know, my whole life. Isn't it funny how much we rely on a little piece of technology? I feel like I still haven't recovered.
Well, that's about all that's going on around here. What's new with you?