Thursday, March 24, 2011

On the Road Again

If you read my last post, you saw that Paul got a new job in Pueblo, which means...

THE CREIGHTONS ARE MOVING.......AGAIN!

There are certain things you just come to expect when your husband is a college football coach.  Moving is one of them.  This will be our third move in four years.  And even though we've come to expect it, that doesn't make it any easier.  You know that saying, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade? Well we're makin' some serious lemonade over here!

Ok, so maybe that's a little dramatic, but truth be told, I'm not exactly doing back flips at the thought of moving to Pueblo, Colorado.


But that's ok.  Because one thing we've learned from all this moving around is that sometimes the place you end up loving the most, is the one place you never thought you would.  It's all about your attitude and the people you surround yourself with.  I seriously think I could be happy living in Antarctica as long as I had Paul with me.  Actually, Antarctica is really cold, so I don't know about that, but you get the point.

Moving isn't all bad either.  There are lots of great things about moving, ie: meeting new people/making new friends, getting out of your comfort zone, starting over with a clean slate, etc.  It certainly keeps life interesting!

And the nice thing about Pueblo is it's only 2 hours and 25 minutes south of Boulder, which means we'll easily be able to come "home" and visit our family and friends whenever we're feeling the need.



Paul's been commuting back and forth on the weekends for the past few weeks which hasn't been bad so far.  We plan to do this until I find a job down there and we get our house rented up here, which I'm hoping will happen in the next couple of months. 

For now, we're just taking things day by day and getting excited about what this next step has in store for us!

Oh, and get ready for a lot more move-related posts because I have a feeling this is going to consume me :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment